Eating Extremes

I got a question the other day that I had to sit back and think about... and here is my answer. The question was "Have you ever eaten something that could've gotten you arrested, fired or in a lot of trouble" and the answer is YES, a few times. The first time I did something that could've definitely gotten me in trouble is when I was young. I must've been about 10-11 and was hired to babysit the neighborhood kids. While babysitting, I would be nosy and see what people had in their pantries and refrigerators. One family had a HUGE home, giant kitchen and a ton of food that I didn't get to eat at my house. I would put the kids to bed early as one was VERY vocal and a big tattle tale so I had to make sure that my eating excursions we reserved for times they weren't awake to rat me out. The one particular night, I remember it was the day after Thanksgiving. They had so much food and I couldn't resist but PIG OUT. When they said "Help yourself..." I don't think they had ANY idea what was in store. I attacked the pantry first, hitting up the snacks and damn near took out a box of chewy granola bars. (My favorite is the S'mores) After that I had a few fruit roll ups, potato chips and then decided to target the refrigerator. I made a plate of turkey day fixings and even took it upon myself to have seconds. A couple of hours later, I did it again... and returned for a second round of yummy's. I thought I had washed every dish and cleaned up the kitchen so that no one would know that I had eaten so much. Unfortunately, I didn't take out the trash which would've covered up the evidence of my over eating rampage.

Comments

Popular Posts